Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for teens with cystic fibrosis (CF), who need to consume additional calories to help them meet their nutritional needs.
This recipe is a high-calorie, calcium-dense twist on a tasty favorite.
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 1 4.9-oz box of scalloped potato mix
- 1-2/3 c. (13.3 ounces) boiling water
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 c. cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 450ºF (232ºC).
- Stir potatoes and sauce mix, water, heavy cream, butter, and cheese in an ungreased 1½-quart casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes or until top is light golden brown and potatoes are tender.
- Remove from oven. Sauce will thicken as it stands.
Serving size: 2/3 cup
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
9 g protein
33 g fat
700 mg sodium
215 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Date reviewed: July 2012
The Junior League Family Resource Center at Children's Hospital has thousands of books and videos available for check-out.
Click here for the online library catalog.
National Center for Nutrition and Dietetics - http://www.eatright.org
Offering nutrition information, resources, and access to registered dietitians.
© 2013 Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt