General Surgery Services
At Children's Hospital, your child is in the hands of surgeons exclusively trained to perform surgery on children. Our Pediatric General Surgery team and its support staff offer you and your family our promise of the finest compassionate care in the nation.
What makes pediatric surgery at Children's Hospital unique?
- We offer services you won't find anywhere else in our region, including Pediatric Trauma Services.
- Our high volume of procedures makes us one of the most experienced children's hospital surgical teams. We performed over 17,000 surgeries in 2015.
- We perform a broad range of procedures on both common and rare conditions.
- Our Child Life Services experts work with patients and families to promote a positive health care experience.
- We understand that children's surgical needs are not the same as those of adults. Our equipment is specially sized for the smallest newborn to the biggest teens.
Robotic precision with a human touch
Our surgeons use the latest, most advanced robotic device for minimally invasive surgeries, joining an elite group of children's hospitals that employ this innovative tool.
Anesthesia services custom-fit for kids
Children react differently to anesthesia than adults. Our anesthesiologists receive years of additional training to ensure the best outcomes and the most comfortable procedures for your child.
Vanderbilt®, Vanderbilt University Medical Center®, V Oak Leaf Design®,
Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt®, and Vanderbilt Health®
are all trademarks of The Vanderbilt University.
© 2017 Vanderbilt University Medical Center. All rights reserved.