Home Care Program
Vanderbilt's Home Care Program offers a variety of services catering to the individual needs of patients. We provide both intermittent and private duty services.
The quality and level of care is consistent with Children’s Hospital standards, ensuring safe and effective treatment with all the benefits of home. As an affiliate of Vanderbilt University Medical Center, we offer family centered care with a team approach to infants and children who require specialized services.
- Children’s Home Care Team: Our clinical staff members are trained in the care of pediatric patients. Care can only be provided under the direction of physician order.
- Nursing: Hands-on care in the home is provided by nurses who support and teach parents and children how to assume and manage care in the home, based on individual needs.
- Rehabilitation Services: Physical, speech, and occupational therapists develop and implement rehabilitation programs to best assist patients with their continuing needs.
- Companions: Companions are non-nursing members of the health care team who can provide transportation, ensure safety, prepare light meals and keep the patient company.
- Medical Social Services: Provides social, environmental, and emotional assessments to maximize patient progress. Our medical social worker also supports patients, families, and caregivers through counseling and serves as a link to community resources and support.
- Reimbursement Specialists: Specialists work closely with families and payers to minimize financial concerns.
- Referral Process: One telephone call to Vanderbilt Home Care is all that is required to initiate service. Our intake staff will then verify benefits and begin the process of admitting the patient for service.
- Quality Improvement: Vanderbilt Home Care adheres to strict practice standards to promote consistent quality of care. Our internal quality improvement programs are based on regulations set forth by state, federal and professional organizations.
- Patient and Family Education: Pediatric home care team members provide initial assessment, home care instruction and ongoing visit support. We support patients and families during transitions of care. Our primary goal is for the patient and family to have a positive experience and feel there is continuation of care from the hospital to the home.
Vanderbilt Home Care Service Area
We serve Davidson County and the surrounding counties of:
Vanderbilt®, Vanderbilt University Medical Center®, V Oak Leaf Design®,
Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt®, and Vanderbilt Health®
are all trademarks of The Vanderbilt University.
© 2017 Vanderbilt University Medical Center. All rights reserved.