What we do
We are a team of Master’s prepared social workers (MSW), either clinically licensed or certified, providing social work services at Children's Hospital. As members of the medical team, we provide specialized services to children and families. Our expertise and contributions to patient care involve psychological and social impacts of health care needs on the family system.
Our services include
- Comprehensive psychosocial assessments
- Crisis intervention
- Patient and family short-term counseling
- Information and referral to hospital and community resources
- Liaison with community agencies
- Assessments for suspected abuse or neglect
- Discharge evaluation regarding impact on family
- Financial resources
- Ongoing psychosocial services for chronically ill children
We also participate in multidisciplinary committees and offer educational in-services to staff and medical residents.
How to reach us
We are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. A Social Worker is on-call for emergency issues, nights, weekends, and holidays. The central office number for Social Work is (615) 936-2113. We can be reached through the Children's Hospital medical team of doctors and nurses. We look forward to working with you and your child!
Where we work
Social Workers are located in the Children’s Hospital and in the pediatric clinics.
Frequently asked questions
- What is Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and does my child qualify?
- What is Tennessee Cover Kids and does my child qualify?
- What is Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and do I qualify?
- What is Families First and does my family qualify?
Vanderbilt®, Vanderbilt University Medical Center®, V Oak Leaf Design®,
Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt®, and Vanderbilt Health®
are all trademarks of The Vanderbilt University.
© 2017 Vanderbilt University Medical Center. All rights reserved.