The Vanderbilt-Meharry-Matthew Walker Center for Excellence in Sickle Cell Disease is your medical home for life-long care and support from people who know your name
A new way to care for people with sickle cell disease
We brought together experts at treating sickle cell disease under one roof. The center combines complete medical services and support into one clinic that serves as your Medical Home for a lifetime of care.
Appointments (615) 936-1762
Patients are seen at:
Matthew Walker Comprehensive Health Center
1035 14th Avenue North
Nashville, Tennessee, 37208
How We Can Help You
- Regularly scheduled visits and access to doctors, nurses, staff, and family support between visits
- Evening and Saturday hours
- Pain management
- Asthma management and lung testing
- Management of acute chest syndrome
- Blood transfusion therapy
- Dental and eye exams
- Social services and mental health support
- Transition from child to adult care
Support and Resouces
The Sickle Cell Sabbath Program was created to increase awareness about sickle cell disease (SCD) and the importance of blood donations in helping individuals affected by the disease.
The Sickle Cell Foundation of Tennessee provides comprehensive social services to improve the quality of life for those living with sickle cell disease.
© 2013 Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt