Hospital Medicine Services
It can be a complex and confusing experience when your child is admitted to the hospital. The doctors and nurse practitioners on our team manage your child's care, while keeping you and your child's doctor informed at every step.
You may hear people refer to our doctors as hospitalists. They are specialists who:
- See your child every day at the hospital and coordinate care
- Order tests and keep you informed about diagnoses and treatment options
- Work closely with your child's primary care doctor
- Coordinate visits with specialists
- Respond to emergencies or changes in your child’s condition
- Advocate for patient safety
- Improve hospital quality
Our team is available at the hospital 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for phone consultation or for management of patients who require hospitalization — all in collaboration with the primary care physician. Contact us at (615) 936-4444.
Near the end of your hospital stay, a member of our team will share instructions for at-home care and following up with your child's doctor.
Program for Children with Medically Complex Needs
Center for Child Protection and Well-Being (CARE Team)
Vanderbilt®, Vanderbilt University Medical Center®, V Oak Leaf Design®,
Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt®, and Vanderbilt Health®
are all trademarks of The Vanderbilt University.
© 2017 Vanderbilt University Medical Center. All rights reserved.